Posts

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New Original Song

Our Mom and Dad
Original by Bobby Chang and Lani Anacan
In memory of Mariano and Dorothy Chang

Island Home
So far away, in a place called Hawai’I Nei
In the evening when the sun goes down
I recall the island sounds.

Rainbows fill the deep blue sky
Over mountains where angels cry
Ocean breezes, windward blown
Island dreams that we have known.

Chorus
Island Home my only home
I find comfort and beauty there
Island Home I’m coming home
My life begins and ends there.


My parents loved these islands
No matter where their travels took them
They always missed the island ways
As my father always said
After they came back to Kane’ohe
“There is no place like home”
They have traveled alone now
They made the ultimate sacrifice
And we miss them so
But if you look towards the Ko'olau’s
Their presence can be felt
Because this is their home Hawai’i Nei.

No comments: